Hearing Loss Chapter
Lakeland Florida & Surrounding Area
Did you know?
- 17% of the adults in the US have some degree of hearing loss
- At age 65, one out of three people has a hearing loss
- Hearing loss affects 50% of those 85 years of age and older
- Baby Boomers have more hearing loss than prior generations
- About 2-3 of every 1,000 children are hard of hearing or deaf
- Estimated that 30 school children per 1,000 have a hearing loss
- Men are more likely to experience hearing loss than women
- Only 1 out of 5 people who could benefit from a hearing aid actually wears one
- Approximately 188,000 people worldwide have received cochlear implants
So, you are not alone….we are a Chapter of the Hearing Loss Association of America. Our mission is to help ourselves and others who have a hearing loss.
We meet every 2nd Thursday of the month at 6:00 pm, located at the First Presbyterian Church, 175 Lake Hollingsworth Drive, Lakeland, Florida 33801. Our meetings are in Multipurpose Room A.
Call 863-853-3130 for more information or send a message via contact us.
Meet a new friend who may have the same hearing challenges as you. Learn from the group and frequent presenters.
Communication Access Realtime Translation (CART) services are provided at all of our meetings. This service displays the spoken words on the screen for all to read.
Our meeting room is “looped” which will allow you to turn on your t-coil on your Hearing Aid or Cochlear Implant. The sound is great….you will be amazed!
Learn more about “Looping”.
Hearing Loss Association – Lakeland Chapter
Lakeland Chapter is sponsoring a Hearing Aid Recycling Program. The purpose of this program is to collect new/used hearing aids, clean/repair them, and offer them (at no cost) to those who are financially challenged in our community. To learn more about this program and to donate a hearing aid, go to Hearing Aid Donation.